Social media such as Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest are just some of the latest platforms that seem to have gained massive traction and a tonne of users.
You would think this is the place to be. This is where you want to communicate with your audience. Social media has its place for sure, however one of the oldest forms of communication, the bog standard “email”, is by far still king.
It is still the most effective channel of communication with your audience.
I hear you say “Whaaaaaat?! No it can’t be”. Well, the facts don’t lie. So below I have compiled together 19 email marketing statistics from around the web, just to show you how powerful it can be.
1. 99% of consumers check their email every day. (DMA Insights, 2017)
2. 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention. (Emarsys, 2018)
3. Active email accounts are expected to hit 5.6 billion by 2019. (Statista, 2018)
4. It’s estimated that the U.S. will spend over 350 million dollars on email advertising in 2019. (Statista, 2019)
5. Mobile opens accounted for 46 percent of all email opens. (Litmus.com, 2018)
6. 73 percent of millennials prefer communications from businesses to come via email. (Adestra, 2016)
7. 80% of business professionals believe that email marketing increases customer retention. (Emarsys, 2018)
8. 59% of respondents say marketing emails influence their purchase decisions. (SaleCycle, 2018)
9. Marketers who use segmented campaigns note as much as a 760% increase in revenue. (Campaign Monitor, 2019)
10. Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. (McKinsey & Company)
11. For ten years in a row, email is the leading channel when it comes to generating ROI for email marketers. (Campaign Monitor)
12. 59% of marketers say email is their biggest source of ROI. (Emma, 2018)
13. For example, for every $1 spent, email delivers $38 in ROI. (Direct Marketing Association)
14. 81% of SMBs still rely on email as their primary customer acquisition channel, and 80% for retention (Emarsys, 2018).
15. Transactional emails have 8x more opens and clicks than any other type of email and can generate 6x more revenue. – (Experian)
16. Over 75% of email revenue is generated by triggered campaigns, rather than one-size-fits-all campaigns. Automated email campaigns account for 21% of email marketing revenue. – (DMA)
17. Data for over 1.8 billion opens from campaigns sent in 2013 shows that mobile is the most popular environment for a subscriber’s first interaction with an email. – (Campaign Monitor)
18. You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet. – (Campaign Monitor)
19. Email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter. – (McKinsey)
20. 81% of online shoppers who receive emails based on previous shopping habits were at least somewhat likely to make a purchase as a result of targeted email. – (eMarketer)
There you have it! 19 fact based email statistics.
If that doesn’t convince you that you should be using email marketing in your business, I don’t know what will.
Do you have a list of email subscribers? Do you email them regularly?
Leave your comments below